Set goals - but the don't need to be hairy and audacious
- This week I'll book a meeting with a mortgage broker
- I'll work out what I can afford to pay back
- I'll create a household budget
Visualise your future
Scrutinise property like a pro
- Your smart phone - to take videos and photos (don't count on your memory).
- A tape measure - you don't want to have to buy all new appliances or furniture because your new property can't fit your existing house contents.
- Your imagination - you really need to be able to visualise how you will make this property look.
- Your boldness - don't be scared to look under rugs, behind cupboards and check for mould, because sometimes vendors are trying to hide faults with properties.
Understand the real estate agent's true motivations
Research the property price like this
- The address
- The number of bedrooms/bathrooms/car spaces
- The last sales price
- The last sales date