- Children always seem to lose things, but you can minimise lost property by sewing a button on your child's hat so they can identify it easily. And always label your child's belongings. A School Pack for $41.95 from You Name It — Labels! has 245 vinyl, fabric and pencil labels.
- Cover schoolbooks with Contact, to protect them.Or better yet, let your kids cover the books with stickers.
- Limit the choices children have in the back to school shopping.
- Sell pre-loved items on eBay or to kids in the year below your child's to fund new purchases.
- Use an old safety razor to remove pilling on a jumper and keep it looking new.
- Buy hats, uniforms, blazers and jumpers second-hand from the school clothing pool.
- See what school supplies you can find at home before you buy anything new. Are there any from last year you can salvage?
- Swap and Hand Down Clothes
When does school start in 2018?
Tue 30 Jan 2018 – Fri 13 Apr 2018
Eastern Division, Teachers commence Monday 29 January 2018.
Tue 6 Feb 2018 – Fri 13 Apr 2018
Western Division, Teachers commence Monday 5 Feburary 2018.
Teachers commence Monday 30 April 2018.
Teachers commence Monday 23 September 2018.
Teachers finish Friday 21 December 2018
Year 12 - 16 November 2018; Year 10 & 11 - 30 November 2018.
Teachers commence Monday 5 February 2018
First day of Term 1 is a student-free day.
Mon 16 Jul 2018 – Fri 21 Sep 2018