Your shopping list:
- Dulux Design Effects Coloured Chalkboard paint. Teal Trip is the shade used here
- Painter's masking tape
- High quality sythentic brush
- Piece of chalk
- Soft cloth or chalkboard duster
Your step-by-step guide:
- To create a mountain feature with Dulux Design Coloured Chalkboard Effect, start by taping a mountain shape on your wall to get an even line.
- Use a good quality brush to cut in the paint around the edges, then finish with a short nap roller. Apply paint colour as desired.
- When first coat is dry (about two hours), apply a second coat. Allow to dry.
- Allow the final coat to dry and cure for at least 7 days before conditioning the chalkboard. To condition the board, rub the entire surface of the chalkboard vertically with the side of a piece of chalk, ensuring the chalkboard is completely covered. Then rub the entire surface horizontally with the side of a piece of chalk, again covering the chalkboard completely. Wipe with a soft cloth or chalkboard duster and blow off any excess chalk dust.
- The chalkboard is ready to use. Let your kids' imaginations run wild!