The property market is still on the boil in some states, while others have thankfully cooled to a simmer. No matter where your home is in this great, big country, if you're thinking about selling up there are small home improvements you can do now to ensure you get top dollar.
A little spit and polish can easily translate into an increase in resale value when it comes to selling your home.
1. Make a good first impression. There are a few basic rules you should follow when preparing your house for an open inspection which include from the employing the help of a professional stylist, to giving your place a coat of paint and even something as simple as opening the curtains. You can find the full list of tips that'll help you present your home in the best light here.
2. Give the exterior of your home a major overhaul. Renovating For Profit guru Cherie Barber gave the above red-brick suburban house a budget-friendly renovation in five easy steps.
3. Build a deck. It's a shortcut to instant street appeal and you're likely to get the return on your investment. Once again, Renovating For Profit guru Cherie Barber shows us how it's done.
4. Consider putting in a swimming pool. It's a big outlay, so weigh up these major considerations to ensure it will actually add value to your home.
5. Create a welcoming front garden. Dale Vine, landscaper and former contestant of The Block shares his tips and tricks for creating a front garden that will give your home instant curb appeal.
7. Revamp your bathroom. Kitchens and bathrooms sell houses so if you have an outdated wet area, give it a budget renovation that will have it looking good as new.