- 2kg chicken wings
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup pureed fresh papaya (250g)
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar (60g)
- ½ cup fresh orange juice (125 ml)
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp chilli powder or smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Fresh papaya
- Lemon and lime wedges
- Cut chicken wings into wingettes and drumettes, discard tips (or buy wings which have already been split into sections). Combine all marinade ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add wing sections and toss to coat.
- Set wings aside for 30 mins to marinate. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line two rimmed oven trays with baking paper. Remove wings from bowl, reserving marinade, and arrange in a single layer– skin side up- over the prepared trays.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, basting with the remaining marinade twice during cooking. The wings are done when they are sticky and golden, and the meat separates easily when pulled.
- Serve with coriander leaves, fresh papaya, and citrus wedges.