- 1½ cups (135g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (50g) dried flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 cup (135g) Ocean Spray 50% less sugar Craisins® dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup (65g) pepitas
- 1/3 cup (50g) sunflower seeds
- 75g butter
- ¼ tsp sea salt flakes
- ½ cup (175g) honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
With the silly season well and truly behind us, now is the time to get your health and wellbeing back on track.
It's easy to count your change and make a beeline for the nearest vending machine when hunger strikes (hello, 3pm pick-up); however, with a little bit of preparation, you can enjoy a delicious afternoon snack of museli cups that will boost your energy levels, minus the post-chocolate sugar crash.
Over the past few months, The Australian Women's Weekly has partnered with Ocean Spray® to bring you some family-friendly recipes to enjoy throughout the summer and beyond. We've made festive turkey and Christmas-themed biscotti, followed by quick and delicious jar salads.
Hit play on the above video to follow along as AWW Food Director Fran Abdallaoui shows us how to make these moreish museli cups, step-by-step.
Makes 12 muesli cups
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 12-hole muffin pan. Cut 24 strips of baking paper; line each hole with two baking paper strips, forming a cross pattern. Alternatively, use cupcake cases.
2. Combine Ocean Spray 50% less sugar Craisins®, pepitas and seeds.
3. Pulse 1 cup of oats, ¾ cup coconut and half craisin seed mixture in a food processor until finely chopped. Tip into a large bowl; add remaining oats, coconut, Craisins® and seed mixture.
4. Place butter, salt, honey and vanilla in a medium frying pan; stir over medium heat until butter melts and mixture bubbles.
5. Add butter mixture to the oat and Craisins® mixture; stir until mixture is well combined.
6. Scoop ⅓ cups of mixture into pan holes, pressing lightly with the back of greased spoon to level surface. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
7. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Use baking paper to remove muesli cups from pan holes and cool completely on a rack.
Brought to you by Ocean Spray