- 75 gbutter
- 1/2 cup(110g) caster sugar
- 1 tbsplemon juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 7 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry
- vanilla ice-cream,to serve
How to make apple tarte tatin
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a large fry pan over medium heat. Add the sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon sticks and stir until combined.
- Add apples and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, or until apples are soft and caramelised.
- Grease 4x10cm pie tins with a little softened butter and divide the caramelised apples between the pie tins.
- Cut 2x12cm circles from each sheet of pastry. Place on top of the apples and tuck the edges in. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15 mins or until puffed and golden.
- To serve: Invert the tarts onto serving plates and serve with vanilla ice-cream, if desired.