- 2 small chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, 4cm lengths
- 240g brown and red rice with quinoa pre-cooked rice mix
- ⅓ cup (80ml) of your favourite store-bought salad dressing
- ⅓ cup (45g) Ocean Spray® Craisins® 50% Less Sugar Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup fresh mint and basil leaves
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 200g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g Persian fetta, drained
This salad jar is quick, delicious and easy to whip up ahead of the back-to-school and back-to-work chaos.
And, if you've never had your salad in a jar before, now's the time to try it — it'll save the tug of war over the last Tupperware lid, plus it makes a DIY lunch feel as though it's come from a trendy cafe!
If you've been following closely over the last couple of months, you'll know that The Australian Women's Weekly has partnered with Ocean Spray® to bring you some family-friendly recipes to enjoy throughout the summer and beyond.
We've had festive turkey and biscotti; now we're turning our attention to something lighter: a healthy salad layered with chicken, dried cranberries, asparagus, brown rice and fetta.
Hit play on the video above and to see how to make Fran Abdallaoui's easy and eco-friendly salad jars with chicken and cranberries.
Makes 2 salads
1. Preheat the oven to 180*C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Arrange chicken breasts onto the lined tray, drizzle with oil and season. Roast for 20 minutes, rest covered for ten minutes. Cut into slices.
3. Place asparagus into a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water, stand for 1 minute, refresh in cold water, drain.
4. Divide the rice among 2 large 750ml jars; drizzle over half the dressing and sprinkle over half the Ocean Spray® Craisins® 50% Less Sugar Dried Cranberries.
5. Layer up with spinach, fresh herbs, tomatoes, chicken, asparagus, feta and remaining Craisins®. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Brought to you by Ocean Spray®