1. Protect your eyes against screen strain
- Reduce glare by regularly cleaning your computer screen.
- Sit an arm's length back from your computer screen and that your screen is straight (not tilted).
- Remind yourself to blink.
- Take a short screen break every 20 minutes.
- Consider investing in blue light computer glasses and have your eyes tested every six months.
- If you work at night, apply 'night time' options on your devices and turn down the brightness levels.
2. Invest in stylish (but supportive) footwear
3. Make the most of your work benefits
4. Snack smart
- Dark chocolate: swap regular chocolate for a few squares of dark chocolate which contain less sugar and higher levels of healthy polyphenols (micronutrients packed with antioxidants).
- Legumes: try lentils, beans or chickpeas (think hummus and carrots) for protein and to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- Yoghurt: studies have found some yoghurt to be effective in regulating appetite and cravings. Opt for high-protein yoghurt with no added sugars.
- Dates: the sweet dried fruit is a great source of fibre, potassium and iron and can help fix sugar cravings.