Did you know that 87 per cent of women aged under 25 feel that sexist attitudes still exist in business?
Or that 72 per cent of young Aussie women don't feel that there is enough diversity in their industry?
According to research conducted by our parent company, Are Media, it's age-old challenges like these that have inspired young women to take control of their careers and start their own business online.
And with almost 80 per cent of those who participated in our survey intending to upskill or increase training in order to run their side hustle, we thought we would bridge the gap and bring the upskilling to them.
Now To Love and Are Media have partnered with Instagram to give 25 young Australian female business owners the opportunity of a lifetime: to join the Instagram Academy and accelerate the success of their businesses online.
For the first time in Australia, Instagram will be opening their doors to 25 of the country's most promising young women with a business and sharing their social media secrets for success.
Those chosen as one of Australia's top 25 business trailblazers under the age of 25 will receive:
- An exclusive digital training experience at Instagram Academy, learning everything you need to know about nailing your business' Instagram strategy from the tech experts at the platform, themselves
- Advice and mentorship from some of Australia's leading business experts including, Are Media CEO Jane Huxley, Lillian Ahenkan AKA @flex.mami, Grace Brennan, founder of @buyfromthebush, and Laura Thompson and Sianna Catullo from @clothingthegaps
- Coaching from a member of the Facebook Australia Sales team, offering bespoke advice specifically for the participants.
- $1,000 in Facebook ad credits to boost your business to customers across Instagram, Facebook and more
- National visibility in announcements and articles across Are Media's titles including, Now To Love, Marie Claire, ELLE, Girlfriend and more
Does all of this sound like you? There's no time like the present to take control of your career and put your business forward for the recognition it deserves.
To apply, you will need to:
- Be a legal resident of Australia
- Be aged between eighteen (18) and twenty-five (25)
- Have an Instagram account with less than 250,000 followers at the time of applying, as well as throughout the application period and winner selection process
- Identify as female and are the founder and/or owner of a registered business with an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Government officials and political figures aren't eligible to participate in the Academy
Hurry! Entries close Friday, October 1. Enter the competition here.