- Releases feel good chemicals called endorphins which can help you feel calm and happy.
- Burns up stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline.
- Can help you get a better night's sleep.
- Can help improve your mood and self-esteem.
- Acts as a distraction and gives you time out away from your worries.
Some stress on the body is positive as it helps you grow, change and achieve your goals. However, when stress becomes a problem and you feel unhappy and unable to handle the situation, or it affects your health and wellbeing, it is important to identify the problem and adopt strategies to help you feel more relaxed.
Including regular exercise in your daily routine is one strategy to help relieve stress and tension in your life as regular exercise can help improve your physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
Here's what regular exercise for stress management and relaxation can do for you:
Any regular physical activity is beneficial. Why not try going for a quick walk during your lunch break, get involved in social sports like basketball or football, ask a friend to join a local Pilates class or enjoy some time on your own swimming or jogging.
All forms of exercise are a great way to not only get fit and healthy but help to relieve stress. So start moving today!