Although we can’t save you from the inevitable hangover you’ll no doubt experience after the myriad of upcoming Christmas parties, knowing what to order at the bar can save you from squeezing into your jeans once the heat dispels.
While experts don’t recommend this bedtime tonic every evening due to its natural sugar content, the occasional glass of 100 per cent grape juice can actually help you burn fat while you sleep.
A study published in the Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness found those who consumed two to three cups of coffee in the hour before a workout could perform almost 20 percent more repetitions on a leg press machine.
Fuel up the right way by kicking off your morning with a nutrient-rich smoothie abundant in protein, complex carbs, healthy fats, as well as vitamins and minerals.
- Leafy greens like spinach and kale for fibre and phytonutrients
- Berries for antioxidants and fibre
- Cinnamon to regulate blood sugar and boost metabolism
- Greek yogurt for protein and gut health
- Avocado for a dose of good fat to keep you satiated until your next meal
- Chia seeds for fibre, calcium and omega-3 fatty acids
Of course, experts recommend a glass of water before a meal to surppress appetite and avoid over-eating, but that’s only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the key part H20 plays in weightloss.