- Sit cross-legged on the floor and align your bones in the sitting position.
- Visualise the diamond shape of the pelvic floor muscles.
- Gently draw the centre of the diamond upwards.
- Hold this lift and breathe naturally for up to 10 breaths.
- Release the muscle and begin again.
- If you lose the feeling of the upward pull before 10 breaths, simply relax and start again.
- You can practise these pulls as often as you like in sitting and standing postures.
Extracted from Bodywise, discover a deeper connection with your body; ABC Books; rrp: $34.95; fully illustrated. Available from all good bookstores.