If you answer "yes" to three or more questions, you probably do:
- Do you often feel tired?
- Are you unable to concentrate?
- Do you use coffee, cigarettes or sweets to perk you up?
- Are you constipated?
- Do you exercise only rarely?
- Do you often get yeast infections?
- Is your home near air and water pollution?
- Are you exposed to chemicals or drugs in your work?
- Do you have food allergies or bad skin?
Enjoy this Epsom Salts Detoxifying Soak:
- 2 cups Epsom salts
- 10 drops juniper essential oil
- Epsom salts are rich in magnesium, which eases sore muscles and induces relaxation. As you empty the bathwater, imagine any problems swirling down the drain, too.
Most of us breathe too shallowly. This exercise encourages breathing into the whole of the lungs, oxygenating your whole body. Lie on your back. Place a book over your navel. Inhale, pushing your abdomen towards the ceiling; exhale, pulling your abdominal muscles in towards your spine. The book should rise and fall with your breathing. Continue for several minutes, then relax. Go to bed before 10pm. Saturday
Start the day with this Cleansing Tonic to strengthen your liver and encourage elimination:
- 200 ml spring water
- juice of 1 lemon
- pinch of powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon psyllium powder
- Stir thoroughly and drink immediately.
You'll need a soft bristle brush with a long detachable handle, so you can reach your back. Begin with the soles of your feet, then brush up your calves, knees, thighs, and over your hips to your lower back. Brush your hands, up your arms, across your shoulders, gently over your breasts, and down the back of your neck and upper back. Avoid genitals or any irritated skin. Prepare this Purifying Herb Tea, and drink 3 cups throughout the day.
- 1 teaspoon each nettle, peppermint, dandelion root, and red clover
- Combine in a saucepan with 3 cups of cold water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Strain. Sweeten with apple juice.
- ½ cup fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 5 drops grapefruit essential oil
- Using approx 1 tbsp of the mixture at a time, massage with a gentle circular motion into damp skin, starting with calves, working up thighs and stomach, then up each arm and over shoulders and back.
- Swinging Twists: Stand with feet hip-width apart and, with a gentle twisting motion from your hips, twist from side to side, letting your arms swing naturally.
- Chest Expander: Stand and interlock your fingers behind your lower back. Inhale, raising your arms as far as you comfortably can, keeping shoulders relaxed. Exhale, and lower arms to buttocks. Repeat.
- Shoulder Rolls: Stand or sit, and rotate shoulders backwards 5 times, then forwards 5 times. Inhale as your shoulders come up, exhale as they go down.