Colour your world and your salad
Protein is not just for muscle building
There is such thing as ‘good fats’
RECIPE: ‘Smoked & Spiced Vitality Salad’
Chicken and chickpeas cooked in a smokey paprika and lime marinade on top of a tahini kale salad.
500g chicken thigh
1 tbsp smoked paprika
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 bunch kale, roughly torn
1 cucumber, chopped
Fresh chilli, chopped
2 tbsp tahini
Juice of 1 medium lemon
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp sea salt
1-2 tbsp warm water
2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken with the paprika, garlic, lime juice, olive oil and salt.
- Heat a medium pan to a high heat and sear the chicken thighs on each side, pouring the leftover marinade into the pan. Transfer to an oven safe dish and continue cooking in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove from the oven and shred roughly. Pour the chickpeas into the dish and toss chicken and chickpeas together to coat in the juices.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Place the roughly torn kale in a large bowl and pour over dressing. Using hands or tongs, massage the dressing into the kale until it breaks down and is coated in dressing. Toss in cucumber.
To serve, use kale salad as a base, top with chicken and chickpea mixture, drizzle over extra tahini dressing and top with fresh chilli.
- The chicken must be roughly shredded using forks as opposed to sliced. It must also be done while still warm so it soaks up the juices.
- Kale is best massaged to break down the fibres and let it absorb the flavour of the dressing.