What is a stroke?
What causes a stroke?
What age demographic is most likely to have a stroke?
What are the symptoms and warning signs?
- Sudden numbness, weakness or paralysis in their face or limbs, particularly down one side of the body
- Confusion, memory loss, or having trouble understanding what people are saying
- Difficulty carrying out basic movements like walking, swallowing
- Slurred speech or an inability to speak
- Blurred vision, or temporary loss of vision in one eye, rapid involuntary eye movement
- Pins and needles or reduced sensation to touch