2017 Seasonal Influenza Strains
- An A/Michigan/45/2015 (H1N1) pdm09 - like virus
- An A/Hong Kong/4801/2014 (H3N2) - like virus
- A B/Brisbane/60/2008 - like virus (belonging to the Victoria lineage)
- A B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus
How to keep winter bugs at bay
- A sore throat persists for more than a couple of days, or gets worse. This could be tonsillitis.
- You have thick green, yellow or blood-streaked discharge from the nose.
- You have earache.
- You feel pain in the face. This could be sinusitis.
- You have a fever which lasts more than a day or which is high (over 39C) and does not respond to simple treatment.
- You have a temperature that rises after you've been ill for a few days.
- You have a moist or wheezy cough, or if you are having difficulty breathing.
- You have a cough that seems to be getting worse or will not go away.
- You have any symptoms that last for more than a week.