According to the Great And Powerful Google, the Nutella Christmas tree is the most searched/popular Christmas dessert on the internet - and has been for three years' running.
This four-ingredient festive dessert is a real game-changer, and yet it seems almost no one has heard of it?
How can that be?
Forget your Christmas pudding - 2018 is the year of the Nutella Christmas tree!
Check it out below.
Ingredients for Nutella Christmas tree
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 50g Nutella
- 4 tablespoons of raspberry jam
- 1 egg yolk
WATCH: How to make a reindeer mudcake. Post continues after the video...
How to make the Nutella Christmas tree
- Cut out both sheets of puff pastry in the shape of a Christmas tree.
- Smear the Nutella on one sheet of pastry and then add the raspberry jam on top of that. Spread together.
- Then place your second sheet of puff pastry on top of that.
- On both edges use a knife to slice lines on both sides which will create branches. Make sure to leave the center unbroken (that's the trunk) and space all the cuts at an equal level, at least 1cm apart.
- Now you've got your tree with the branch slits, pick up each branch and gently twist.
- Use some of the left over pastry to cut up a treetop decoration, such as a star.
- Finally, brush the entire tree with a mix of egg yolk and water, paying special attention to the twists in each branch.
- Bake your tree for 25 minutes at 200 degrees C.
- Dust with icing sugar