Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi's legendary vampire mockumentary What We Do In The Shadows has scored a series order from FX. The network has ordered a first season with ten half-hour episodes, set to premiere in 2019.
Similar to the 2014 film, the series will follow three vampires who have been roommates for hundreds of years, though these comical bloodsuckers will live in New York City instead of Wellington, New Zealand.
"What We Do in the Shadows only gets better with age thanks to this brilliant adaptation for television by co-creators Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi," says FX's co-president of original programming Nick Grad.
"Their feature version was a hilarious, fresh take on the mundanity of everyday life that even immortals must face. We are thankful to them, Paul Simms and Scott Rudin, and this amazing cast for taking us deeper into the shadows with this series."
The adapted series will star an all-new cast of Matt Berry (The IT Crowd), Kayvan Novak (Four Lions), stand-up comedian Natasia Demetriou and Harvey Guillen (The Internship).
With the original co-creators on board, the show should hopefully be just as funny as the original … minus the incredible Kiwi in-jokes.
Another beloved film scores a TV reboot courtesy of Mindy Kaling, whose anthology adaptation of Four Weddings and a Funeral has been given the go ahead by Hulu.
Based on the 1994 film of the same name, the series will follow a group of friends as their lives cross paths at, you guessed it, four weddings and a funeral.
The limited series is written and executive produced by Mindy Kaling and Matt Warburton, who previously worked together on The Mindy Project. Richard Curtis, who wrote the original film, will executive produce the adaptation.
It's unclear if Mindy will have a role in the show, but we're certainly hoping so!
Elsewhere, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is reportedly going to wrap up after the upcoming fourth season.
Variety reports that Netflix and producer Universal Television are in talks to create a movie special that will serve as the series finale.
The first installment of the fourth season is due to air on Netflix on May 30th, with the second part airing at a later, unconfirmed date.
A life without Titus Andromedon? We think we'll need some time to recover from this…
In happier news, ABC's Harrow has been renewed!
The Ioan Gruffudd lead crime drama has been given a second season, as Season 1 wraps up with its final episode airing next Friday 11th of May at 8:30pm.
The Disney-produced series will begin shooting Season 2 in Queensland in September, reports Deadline.
ABC's Head of Drama and Comedy Sally Riley tells the publication: "Harrow has been an incredible launch to our drama slate with ABC audiences loving the cast and the stunning Queensland locations. It is performing brilliant for us on broadcast and our video on demand service iView. We look forward to continuing the adventures in season two."
Cookie Lyons is set to remain on our screens for another year, with Fox renewing Empire for a fifth season.
"Empire is as compelling, emotional and unpredictable as it ever was," says Michael Thorn, entertainment president for Fox Broadcasting. "We are so proud of our amazing cast, led by Terrence and Taraji, who deliver powerful performances week after week. We'd also like to thank our tremendous creative team – Lee, Danny, Brett, Ilene, Sanaa, Brian and Francie – whose inspired storytelling continues to create the unforgettable, jaw-dropping OMG moments that have always been signature to Empire."
CBS' The Good Fight has been renewed for a third season, ahead of the Season 2 finale later this month.
The Good Wife spin-off legal drama has been well received for its incredible cast, poignant plot and political relevance.
"The Good Fight is a perfect example of what we strive for a CBS All Access original series to be: thought-provoking, boundary-pushing and, most of all, incredibly entertaining," says Julie McNamara, EVP, Original Content, CBS All Access. "We can't wait to see what Robert and Michelle King, their creative team and the incomparable cast will bring to audiences in season three."
Finally, Tim Allen has confirmed that he's officially on board for the Last Man Standing revival that is currently being eyed by Fox.
The show, which was unexpectedly cancelled by ABC after six seasons last year, might be brought back to screens by the rival network.
Tim tweeted to his fans today: "They heard all your voices people!! LMS just might be a reality. Keep it up. Who wants more #LastManStanding?"
That's all for today, folks!