Finally, the Bachelor in Paradise gods have answered our prayers!
Following months of speculation, the US spin-off series – which sees former Bachelor and Bachelorette contestants whisked away to a lush beachside spot where they pretty much all start hooking up with one another - has been officially confirmed by Network Ten.
In a press release this morning, Network Ten said the "special event television series" will air in 2018. "Set in a romantic tropical destination overseas, Bachelor In Paradise will follow the contestants as they build new relationships, fall in love or face heartbreak, again," the press release reads.
Network Ten Chief Content Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: “Bachelor In Paradise is the perfect complement to, and extension of, those shows. It will give viewers everything they love about The Bachelor Australia and The Bachelorette Australia, including familiar faces, spectacular dates, explosive rose ceremonies, drama, romance, adventure, laughter and – of course – love.” And casting agents are already poaching only the best of our Bachie and Bachette veterans.
Before the announcement this morning, Pedestrian TV reported on Friday that a Twitter page with the handle @BachParadiseAU was created, only to be deleted moments later, and they believe it was set up by Network Ten.
Fittingly, Ten airs the Aussie Bachelor and Bachelorette franchises.
Earlier this month, a well-placed insider revealed that production was already underway, with former contestants including Keira Maguire, Nikki Gogan, Sasha Mielczarek, Elora Murger, Michael Turnbull, Jake Ellis, Jen Hawke and Blake Garvey being approached.
The series is also going to be hosted by none other than Osher Gunsberg – duh!
We can't wait!
- Local NewsOur fight to protect elderly Australians from financial abuse continues at Parliament House
Australian Women's WeeklyToday 6:22pm