- More than 5000 Aussies registered to compete. Applicants are put through intense interviews and physical tests before being selected.
- There are five heats of six obstacles. Obstacles consist of quintuple steps, tilting frames, warped walls and a swing cycle.
- Fifty competitors take the course in each heat.
- Your run of the course is over if any part of you touches the water.
- Only the top 18 competitors qualify for the semi-finals – determined by those who go the furthest in the fastest time.
- The semi-finals will be made up of nine obstacles.
- There are 30 competitors in each semi-final. The top seven will go through to the Grand Final.
The Grand Final
Twenty-one competitors have just three minutes and 45 seconds to negotiate nine obstacles
The competitors who have completed Stage 1 progress and then have 65 seconds to negotiate eight obstacles.
Mount Midoriyama! The competitors face a climbing rope 22 metres long. To claim the title of Australian Ninja Warrior, they have 30 seconds to scale the rope and press the buzzer.