The Queen's only daughter was known mainly for her show-jumping exploits and feisty behaviour when she announced her engagement to fellow show-jumper and army officer Captain Mark Phillips. Despite her plea for a quiet affair, Anne's wedding took place at Westminster Abbey and the entire ceremony, apart from the exchanging of rings, was beamed live to millions of television viewers around the world. The Princess, then 23, wore a white, high-necked gown embroidered with pearls. Her pure silk gauze train was carried by Prince Edward and Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones. As she left the church, more than 45,000 spectators were waiting to cheer her and her new (untitled) husband back to the Palace for a reception. The couple, who have two children - Zara, 23, and Peter, 27 - divorced in 1992.
- British Royal FamilyPrince George has a new obsession and he can't stop talking about it
Australian Women's WeeklyToday 8:02am
- Celeb NewsHome and Away star Orpheus Pledger praised by judge for rescuing woman from attack
Now To LoveToday 7:15am
- The Bachelor AustraliaBachelor 2018: Does an old interview prove that Nick ends up alone?
Now To LoveYesterday 4:49pm
- Celeb NewsEmmys 2018: Sandra Oh's date to the Emmy's was her Mum and we are smitten
Now To LoveYesterday 3:57pm
- TVMeet the cast of Netflix's Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
TV WEEKYesterday 2:45pm
- Celeb NewsEmmys 2018: All the best moments from inside the ceremony
- TVNatalie Bassingthwaighte announced as host of revamped renovation show Changing Rooms
TV WEEKYesterday 12:56pm
- The WeeklyEmmys 2018: Claire Foy wins 'Outstanding Actress in a Drama' for 'The Crown'
Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:15pm
- The WeeklyHannah Gadsby showcases her trademark dark humour at the 2018 Emmy Awards
Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:03pm
- The WeeklyBetty White is the best thing about the 2018 Emmys - and Twitter agrees!
Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- Celeb NewsThe surprise on-stage proposal that just woke up the Emmys!
Now To LoveYesterday 11:46am
- Real LifeReal-life Aussie farmers: "We can't go on like this forever"
Take 5Yesterday 11:16am
- The WeeklyEmmys 2018: Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake are #couplegoals on the red carpet
Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:03am
- TVNetflix releases premiere date and first trailer for The Sinner's second season
TV WEEKYesterday 10:57am
- Celeb NewsMasterChef's George Calombaris marries girlfriend Natalie Tricarico in glamorous Greek ceremony
Now To LoveYesterday 10:52am
- Celeb NewsEmmys 2018: Opening number celebrates most diverse nominee list ever
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am