In an exclusive interview, published in full in the January issue of The Weekly – Angelina reveals intimate details of her married life with one of Hollywood's most celebrated leading men, including touching moments from her wedding day, and concedes that while "maintaining a marriage and raising kids can be hard work", Brad and she are in it for the long haul.
"[Brad and I] work really hard at nurturing our family to make sure that everybody is alright and everyone stays connected," says Angelina. "Maintaining a marriage and raising kids is hard work. You have to really make sure that your work doesn’t get in the way. That you don’t do something that is going to put too much strain on your family."
Relaying in touching detail a selection of intimate moments from her August wedding to Brad – from the kids’ rehearsal of their various roles to the baking of the wedding cake and exchanging of vows – Angelina tells The Weekly she is "very happy to be married" and enjoys the sensation of saying "my husband".
She also uses the interview to describe the various personalities of her six children, describing them as a tribe who are fiercely protective of one another.
"They're six of the funniest people we have ever met in our lives. We love being home and we love being around them because they are just so entertaining," she says.
Angelina spoke to The Weekly whilst in Sydney for the world premiere of her new film, Unbroken. The film details the remarkable life of Louis Zamperini - a former US Olympian and WWII bombardier who survived 47 days in a life raft on the Pacific Ocean and more than two years of systemic torture in a series of Japanese POW camps.
The movie was shot in its entirety in Australia and marks the evolution of the actress who first made cinematic waves as cartoon character Lara Croft into a respected Hollywood director.
- MakeupThe best beauty advent calendars to get for the holiday season
Now To LoveYesterday 3:49pm
- Christmas Lifestyle9 affordable adult Christmas advent calendars to bring a little extra joy into your life
Now To LoveYesterday 3:31pm
- Christmas LifestyleSpoil the little ones every day until Christmas with these to-die-for advent calendars
Now To LoveYesterday 3:23pm
- Fashion TrendsSmall but mighty backpacks for all of your travel needs
Now To LoveYesterday 2:34pm
- MakeupGet the Cate Blanchett glow with 9 of the most flawless dewy foundations for mature skin
Now To LoveYesterday 1:19pm
- Fashion TrendsAvoid the dreaded straps with these 9 strapless bras that aren't going anywhere
Now To LoveYesterday 1:00pm
- Christmas EntertainingLevel up your cracker game with these luxury bon bons for Christmas
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Fashion Trends8 sunglasses brands to keep your eye on this summer
Now To LoveNov 30, 2023