In one of the cooler collaborations of 2018 — even if we do say so ourselves — The Australian Women's Weekly has joined forces with Barbie to create The Australian Women's Weekly Barbie Cookbook.
With recipes by the award-winning pastry chef Anna Polyviou road-tested in The Weekly's Test Kitchen, with the help of Anna's Junior Executive Chef Lola, there is something for all budding chefs to try at home. From eye-catching sweet treats to healthy after-school snacks, these delicious triple-tested recipes are sure to please the kids. (And the big kids!).
So what are you waiting for? Get the kids in the kitchen and give them a whirl now. Here's a sneak-peek of one of our favourite recipes from the book...
Anna's rocky road popcorn cups
PREP + COOK TIME: 25 minutes
- 400g milk chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 140g raspberry lollies, halved
- 130g caramel nut popcorn
- 85g original potato chips, crushed roughly
- 100g honeycomb, chopped coarsely
- Place 18 x 100ml cardboard cupcake cases in two 12-hole (1/3-cup/80ml) muffin trays or on an oven tray.
- Place chocolate and oil in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High (100%) in 30-second bursts, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large heatproof bowl, reserving 3/4 cup of the mixture to scatter over the tops of the cups.
- Add chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the rocky road mixture evenly among cups. Sprinkle with the reserved combined mixture.
- Refrigerate cups for 30 minutes or until sets.
Brought to you by Barbie. You can be anything.